Saturday, January 7, 2012

Holding my hand

You held me fast this day Lord.

Two memorial services I attended.
One for a gentleman. One for my girlfriend.
Each courageously, bravely, battled cancer.
I am not going to say cancer "won."
When people are believers in Jesus Christ, cancer does not win if the person dies.


Their bodies succumbed to a disease, but it did not "win."

Jesus Christ won when He took the sins of us all upon Himself,
was crucified and 3 days later rose again. Simply put, He defeated the sting of death. He conquered it!
He won--- death for my girlfriend is not the end--it is a new beginning in Heaven.

She is more alive now than ever.


I can still hear her laugh. We talked about our fears as moms. Neither of us were afraid of dying.. But man o man, were we smitten by merely entertaining the thought of our children continuing to live --without us.
She modeled for me how to live with cancer, bravely.
Joyfully.
She didn't play victim.
Not once did I hear her whine or complain.
Genuine transparency graced her lips.

Oh Jesus, be a comfort to these families tonight...



Before I left this morning I equipped my soul.
My eyeballs read this

"For I am the Lord Your God, Who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you, "Do not fear, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

We had to make an emergency run to the vet this am for Rachie's bunny. A broken leg?
Not sure..
And the service began at noon.
We arrived at 12:20...
I was in knots.

Then the Holy Spirit tenderly applied the balm of peace and whispered these familiar
words to my soul,

I am taking hold of your hand daughter dear..
Do not fear, I will
help you..

My heart aches but I cling to hope.
I know Who holds my hand.

You are faithful,
Bonnie







No comments: