Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Joy dare

I've been reading this blog for some time now. A Holy Experience. The woman educates at home her 6 children, writes ALL the time, loves God, kneads beautiful loaves of bread, lives on a farm and intimately reveals the nooks and crannies of her soul in ways that make me really, truly think..I don't think I've read such nouns since Ann Keimel back in the 1980's. God has inscribed words deep into this gal's soul. My dream is to meet her one day, face to face.


Anyhoo--
She challenged her readers to take a JOY dare. For the month of January.
For the first day of January you need to write down 3 things about yourself you are grateful for.
For me: First day of the new year (1) I am alive and kickin! (2) I love to pray. (3) I belong to Tim.

Fifth day of January was to list something you're reading, something you're making, something you're seeing.
Me: Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol , homemade bread, Teresa's fingers playing the piano SO well.
Day 6: one thing in your bag, your fridge, your heart.
Me: black belt from Tang Soo Do, meat for friends, knowing Jesus is with me..

Gratitude resonates with me. I have MUCH to be thankful for--I'm alive after cancer.
I have a wonderful husband. 4 great, God fearing children. A mom who loves me and lives 20 steps from my backdoor. A roof over my head that does not leak. Warm clothes.


For me, being grateful is living it. Gratitude hones the edge of life.

Gratitude subdues complaining. Gratitude is contagious.

Gratitude deepens my awareness of a sunset, even though they come day after day after day.

Gratitude freshens my spirit on busy go to town days---where I leave the house at noon and get home at 5, eat dinner and jump back into my vehicle again...

Because I'm human, I tend to resort back to whining. Complaining.
My heart needs reinforcement. Practice. Continual reminding of how to live in this stubborn, rebellious, grumpy, road rage infested world..

I am on #846 of things I am grateful for tonight. I should reach 1,00o by the end of this month Lord willing.

I will simply begin again. Or keep going. Who knows?

He is faithful,
Bonnie



Here's the link for the JOY dare at Ann Voskamp's blog!

No comments: