Saturday, January 21, 2012

How DO you handle rejection?

This isn't the first time it's happened.  Another loved one blocked me on Facebook.  Oh brother!!  In Tang Soo Do when I am being punched at or kicked, I block it.  Fast. Then I deliver a counter punch and depending on who is trying to attack me, I deliver one that will injure them so I can get away.

In this techno world we live in, however, mediums like fbook and texting, presents me with myriads of choices to deliver that counter punch.. I could YELL AT PEOPLE with capital letters in a text.  I could simply ignore them when I see their caller id. Or I could send an email with more CAPITAL letters, tell them how to stuff various parts of their bodies in their ears, hit the send button and head to Walmart.  Thinking I've dealt with it. (wrong)

I was ready to deliver that counter punch this week. Right here on my blog.  Since that is the only way I have to "communicate" to this person, I thought it'd be a hard hitting, stunning blow.  Quite frankly, I'm sick  of this rejection!!  I'm tired of being told what to do!! Enough is enough.

*sigh*
Life is too short.  People are supposed to matter. Especially family people.  We share the same genetic code for heavens sake...


I mentioned it to Hannah.  That same medium people use to be offensive and not truly deal with life throbbing problems, is also the one she chose to bless me.  To convict me.

She has been memorizing 1 Corinthians 13.  Before she left for this semester, she was able to recite it, all of it. Daughter encourages mother.

In the little box of my phone I see,  "Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly ; it does not seek its own, is not provoked(which I was) and does not take into account a wrong suffered.(I was)."  

Gulp.

I was taking lots into account.  Flare ups of anger were surging through my spirit and I really, truly wanted to inflict pain on this person.....

That is acting unbecomingly.
I was seeking my own because I wanted  pain to cease.

I was also reacting instead of responding. I am  thankful God's Word stopped me... I would have inflicted more pain...Oh Jesus, thank You for the power of Your Word!

So to my dear loved ones who are reading this blog:

I do love you and always will. I pray for you every day, earnestly, fervently.  I pray for God to bless you..

I cannot force anything now I realize this.  But you dear reader, need to know that I will always love you.
No matter what.  If you walked through my door right now, I'd hug you..
That is the truth.
********************************

To answer the question, how DO you handle rejection?

If you are dealing with rejection, you need to consider what God's Word has to say about it.
Jesus Himself, was despised and rejected.  He understands.

He chose to love despite the in your face hatred of many.  Love kept Him going to the cross.


My "advice" to you is to forgive fully.  I've discovered this takes time.  It's hard. But if you don't do it, you will be absolutely miserable.  Your rage will infect and poison others.  I have lived this and it's awfully dreadful. It saps you of everything lovely.
Poison you it will.

One of the most difficult aspects about forgiveness, is that I tend to think myself into one of those situations that excludes me from it.  Situational ethics or moral relativity?  As a Christian??  Yes.  I've done it.  Doesn't make it right, but I've so done it.

Sorry dear reader.  As a believer in Jesus Christ I am called to love and forgive. I am called to put away rage, malice, slander, gossip, bitterness and immorality.  It doesn't happen like BAM and it's over.  For me, I daily must die to it and live to Christ.

No counter punches.(only in karate)
Only God ones.  His Word Ones.

"Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible as far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.  Never take your own revenge beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God.  For it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.  
But if your enemy is hungry, feed them. And if he is thirsty give him a drink; for in doing so you will heap burning coals upon his head.  
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." 
Romans 12: 17-21

You are faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: