Sunday, November 25, 2012

Home Alone

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him; bless His name.
For the LORD is good; 
His lovingkindness is everlasting,
and His faithfulness to all generations.

Psalm 100:4,5

Prepared to enter His gates this morning...had a full one too, with greeting, counting offering, and clean up afterward.  
Vertigo found me again. It's been 3 days Lord..
Even had to take those lovely little pills that make me a crazy woman--during Thanksgiving dinner.
I feel like I have a head full of cotton candy. Yet when I sat perfectly still at the dinner table, the entire room spun like a top and I almost fell to the floor.

Being thankful, grateful and gracious has been a futile exercise the last few days..
and now, I'm home alone, wishing I were somewhere else..



I like these verses because I can enter His gates here, in my home.
I continue to go into His courts with praise on my lips instead of whining, complaining and general malaise..

Giving thanks cannot be based on feelings.  Like other decisions in life, giving thanks is on purpose.  
Definite.
Decisive.
Deliberate.
Even though I feel pretty yuck.

Giving thanks is not about me.

If you look back up at the verses, it's not about the writer of the Psalm.  It is about God's goodness, His faithfulness and His kindness towards the one who put pen to parchment.

Thank You God for Your faithfulness towards our family
Thank You God for Your kindness, which lasts FOREVER,
Thank You God for Your goodness..

Help me to continue to be grateful, despite how I feel.

You are faithful,
Bonnie

No comments: