Thursday, February 27, 2014

Perspective is a God thing



"Bless the LORD O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the LORD O my soul and forget not all His benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
who crowns you with lovingkindness and mercy,
who satisfies you with good things, so that your youth
is renewed like the eagles.
Psalm 103:1-5
************************************************************
Mom a few days after her major heart surgery, 2013



After our blueberry pie and chicken/dumplings dinner to celebrate "Bessie" the heart valve's one year old "birthday." 








Faith operates on the unseen.  Believing what you cannot see, or who you cannot see, with all your heart.  Perspective comes as I walk through trials, terrors and tragedy, not by necessarily looking back, but by faith, believing God is in it.  He is with me, in it.

This helps me grow, mature and depend upon Him more.  If I merely look back and go "Wow that was hard. Glad it's over, whew!"
Well, I am glad it's over, but what I learned?
God is with me in the waiting rooms.
He is with me in the dark, in my bed as I lay there begging Him to sustain Mom through the night.
I learned once more, at a deep level, that He is faithful.
He supplies all my needs.

Tonight we celebrated Mom's valve replacement, but really we were celebrating You Lord,and her.
Thank You for sustaining her.  For helping her.
Thank You for being with me and my family.
I love You Lord,
Bonnie

No comments: