Friday, May 1, 2015

A Slice of my life in March, take 2


Whose trust is the LORD April 10, 2015


“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD and whose trust is the LORD.
For he will be likea tree planted by the the water, that extends its roots by a
stream,
and will not fear when heat comes;
but its leave will be green,
and it will not be anxious in a year of drought
nor cease to yield fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7,8

Friday April 10th, 2015. A day of a CT scan with contrast to discover where
this possible mestastatic bone lesion is. This is what the bone scan revealed last week.
This afternoon, a machine and chemicals highlight my chest's
inner workings, looking for what does or not belong on one of my ribs.

How am I?
Humbled. I feel humbled. This week, I've been blessed, encouraged and blown away
through God's people, their generosity and prayers.

Three meals have been brought to us in the last week.

One came on the heels of a prayer, while I was sobbing with fear,
in front of my daughters, in my kitchen, during spring cleaning..
I specifically asked the Lord to encourage us..

Seconds later, the phone rang with a dear friend's voice telling me
they had made dinner and were bringing it over.
All this transpired before I prayed.
God knows what I need before I even ask..

Another dear friend, in the hospital, in her bed, recovering from major
horrific surgery, prayed for me.
Compassions oozes out this gal and I had come to pray for her?
No, God used her in her bed of recovery, to go to His throne on my behalf.

While I'm gone, another friend brings over dinner for that evening.
I missed them, but they were able to visit with my husband.
I wept when Tim told me they had been by..I had no idea what dinner was
going to be by the way..

Yesterday, I'm getting ready to leave my martial arts class I am so blessed
to be able to instruct, and one of the moms tells me she has a meal in her car.
Is my car open? Yes. Yes. My heart is overflowing with gratitude and praise.

On our way home, with my two youngest daughters, my car smelling like a
wonderfully yummy dinner and me on the phone with my oldest daughter,
a bald eagle springs up from the side of the road!

This guy flew right in front of my car, about 20 feet off the ground, soaring slow,
easy, taking his time. The trees lining the side of the road prevented him from busting
forth into the sky. My daughter on the phone heard my joy and we were all
amazed. Eagles have always been brought into my line of sight when I've
needed strength to overcome x, y, or z.

The coolest aspect of this? I wasn't looking for it. I have never seen one this close
to my home, ever.
God directed that beautiful, soaring raptor to me,
for me,
in that moment.

The entire week has been humbling,
heart warming,
and given me a fresh burst of belief in the One Who made me.

I do not know what the CT's rays and dye will reveal today.
I know I do not want it to be cancer.
Who does???

I do know, however, that the God Who spoke the stars into twinkling lights,
and knows them by name, that God?
He spent moments this week, encouraging me and my family.
His creativity knows no limits!
His love for me is unending,
deep
and constant.

These moments matter dear reader. I cling to them today because they reveal the very essence of the
character of God, to my scared, anxious heart.

By believing in Him and His goodness towards me, it extinguishes fears with faith,
boosts my belief and causes me to look for Him to show up in my days.

And whatever this lesion is, He will be there, with me, encouraging me to be like the one in
Jeremiah 17:7,8
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD.”

He is faithful friends,

Bonnie


No comments: